Monday, May 7, 2012
Our Little Sponge - Baylor
Baylor is surprises us daily with new words and play! He is so curious and loves to discover new things. We have bee using the nursery manual for Family Home Evenings. We sing a song or 2 or 3, have a prayer, give a little lesson (mostly talk about the pictures in the nursery manual), then play a game or go outside. Well, last week when we were finished he grabbed the manual and said, "Ok guys, sit down guys." So Josh and I sit on the couch. He then turns pages in the manual quietly identifying what he see's, "....Jesus, girl, friend...." and looking up at us - he's teaching us! Then he sets the manual on the piano bench and says, "OK guys stand up!" He then tells to clap our hands and stomp our feet. We follow his lead and he is completely delighted we are following his commands. He then says, "OK guys, sit down." We sit back on the couch and again he flips through the manual identifying what he see's, telling us the letters he can identify, or of course telling us about tractors, "front loader, backhoe, grater..." he loves to talk tractors, then "OK guys, stand up." This time he says "tractor" and starts acting like a front loader. Using his hands and arms he mimics scooping up heaving rock and dumping it out. We are to act like tractors too, complete with sound effects - "bbbbbvvvvvvvh." And then, "OK guys, sit down." We get another lesson then are asked to stand up again so we can play "ring rosies", walk like peguins, act like birds, or whatever else pops into his adorable little head! We do this again and again and again, until we say, ok Baylor just one more time. Then we do it a few more times after that because he is so ADORABLE. He is so proud to be leading us in this fun, and we are amazed at his creativity and delight.
Last week, I took the kids grocery shopping with me. Luke in the front seat and Baylor sits in the basket with groceries piled on top of him. They were really good, so when Baylor asked for a treat I bought him a package of gummy worms. He was elated and wanted to hold the whole package. I was fine with that as long as he only ate 2 or 3, which he did, suprisingly. I should have a little more faith in him. He asked "WHY?" just 2 or 3 worms. I told him if he ate too many it would make his tummy sick. "Okey Mommy." Later, we pull them out again and he carries them around and again, I remind him, "don't eat too many, they'll make your tummy sick." They are sounding really good to me, so I ask, "Baylor, can mommy have one of your gummy worms? " He replies, No, mommy. They too much for you. They make you sick." Too cute, I snuck one out of the bag later.
Also, right now he is really loving to talk with Grammie on the phone. So when I'm talking with Di, I'll say, "Bay do you want to talk to Aunt Di?" "No I talk to Grammie, myself." Then I say, ok talk to grammie. So he gets on the phone with Aunt Di who pretends to be Grammie just so she can hear his sweet voice!
I also, just adore Baylor's "Tant toos," and "I sorry mommy." He has a halo over his little head and we just adore him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what sweet little boys you have. I want to kiss their cheeks so soon!
ReplyDelete